Here is my experience with the ketogenic diet which is been trending too fast as its one the best way to lose weight.
Keto diet or ketogenic diet is low carb & very high on fat diet and zero sugar consumption which will help the body to burn those extra fats (weight loss) and helps with mental & physical performance. When glucose level goes down the body fat tends to burn and help with weight loss.I would say this is the best diet for diabetic patients too.
Research says Keto Diet has medically proven to cure some serious diseases like Diabetic, Cancer, Epilepsy, Alzheimer’s etc.Let me start from here to wrap information and make understand what will happen and how that helps when you’re on Ketosis.
WHAT IS KETO DIET??
It’s referred to as many different names – Ketogenic Diet, Low Carb Diet, Low Carb High Fat (LCHF), etc. when you eat something with high carbs your body will produce Insulin and Glucose.
- Insulin: which is a hormone made by the pancreas that allows your body to use sugar (glucose) from carbohydrates in the food which we consume for energy or store glucose for future use. Produced to process the glucose in your blood stream by flowing and taking it around your body.
- Glucose: it’s a carbohydrate and a simple sugar in human metabolism (monosaccharides).
As Glucose is the main source of energy for the human body, your fats are not needed for survival.by cutting down carbohydrates intake body produce and reach a state called Ketosis.
Ketosis is a natural process where human body initiates to help us survive when food intake is reduced, Ketones are produced at this state this routes to break down of fats in the liver. A human body is incredibly adaptive to whatever you feed in. When you consume loads of fats and stop carbs intake ketone burns as the main source of energy. Ketone gives use loads health benefits like mentally & physically with weight loss.
- Meats – Fish, beef, lamb, poultry, eggs, etc.
- Leafy Greens – Spinach, kale, bok choy, etc.
- Above ground vegetables – Broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, green beans etc.
- High-fat dairy – Hard cheeses, high fat cream, butter, etc.
- Nuts and seeds – Macadamias, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Avocado and Berries – Raspberries, blackberries, and other low Glycaemic impact berries.
- Sweeteners – Stevia, Erythritol, monk fruit, and other low-carb sweeteners etc.
- Other fats –Olive Oil, coconut oil, high-fat salad dressing, saturated fats, etc
Do not Eat:
- Grains – wheat, corn, rice, cereal, etc.
- Sugar – honey, agave, maple syrup, etc.
- Fruit – apples, bananas, oranges, etc.
- Tubers – potato, yams, etc.
Check this Blog for Diet lovers. Read more….